DMS Dress Code
Moderation and modesty should govern student dress. Therefore, students will follow these rules in middle and high school programs:
1. Provocative and suggestive clothing is not permitted (tight fitting, plunging necklines, etc.)
2. Garments worn on the legs (pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, etc must have a length that comes to within one inch of the top of the knee; with no holes or slits above this line. No sagging, baggy pants are permitted.
3. Bare midriffs will not be permitted. The standard used will be that no midriff is visible when the student is engaged in normal movement such as walking, sitting down, standing up, etc.
4. Any sleeveless garment must have width on the shoulder area of at least (4) of the student's fingers, and the arm opening should fit the body closely enough to cover the underarm and the side of the chest areas.
5. Mesh or see-through garments are permitted only if a legal garment is visible underneath.
6. Underwear should not be seen at any time.
7. Sleepwear is forbidden. This includes bedroom slippers.
8. Shoes or sandals must be worn. Flip flops (shower type shoes with soft bottoms) are forbidden.
9. Headwear (hats, sunglasses, do-rags, skullies, head bands, bandannas, etc.) is not permitted to be worn inside the building.
10. Hair rollers are not permitted.
11. Hair (one's own or a wig) that has a non-human color is not permitted.
12. Face painting is not permitted.
13. Any garment or accessory that displays inappropriate language or images (profanity, sexual suggestion/ insinuation, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, ethnic slurs, slogans/symbols that may lead to disorder, etc) is forbidden.
14. Visible piercings are limited to the ear.
15. Chains or other articles hanging from clothing are not permitted, as well as items that have potential to cause harm to one's self or to others.
16. Gang attire, colors, or symbols are not permitted in clothing or accessories.